Pages

Monday, February 2, 2015

Snack time: Classic Peanut Butter Cookies

I love cookies and I bake some for my husband's breakfast or snack. I am not a prof. baker but I just like baking. Here is a recipe of a classic peanut butter cookies that I've made months ago. Got this recipe from a cut-out page of an old book. Enjoy!
(pictures to follow since I accidentally deleted the photo, silly me.)


Updated photo that I have
And here is the picture I promised. Good thing I found this one in my FB photos. Whew! I though I could not get a copy anymore. I hope I did not make you drool. LOL.

Here

My first try



Classic Peanut Butter Cookies
makes 4 dozen
Ingredients:
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup crunchy or smooth peanut butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda

Directions:
  1.  Cream together butter, peanut butter and sugars. Beat in eggs. 
  2.  In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir into batter. Put batter in refrigerator for 1 hour.
  3.  Roll into 1 inch balls and put on baking sheets or you can scoop it out using an ice cream scooper.
  4. Flatten each ball with a fork, making a criss-cross pattern. 
  5. Bake in a preheated 375 degrees F oven for about 10 minutes or until cookies begin to brown. 
Try this with hot chocolate or coffee for breakfast. Or you can pair it with milk for snack.
To amp this up you can dip it in a melted chocolate or ganache.

Got other ideas? Just leave a comment below. I would love to read some.

No comments:

Post a Comment