Pages

Friday, January 23, 2015

The holiday rush: 2014 December lessons to learn

Oh December! You have been so cruel to me.
It's already January and I still can't get over the hype that happen from last months Holiday rush. Time flies fast that I almost forgot February is coming already. Why do time have to be in rush always?

Anyway, I just wanna share what had happened last December. And maybe, pick up some pointers and lessons that I need to learn.


First week of the month I had lots of order of my Brownies, Chewy Morsels (a mini cookies made from crushed graham) and homemade Banapple (some recipes I got from the net and experimented with, months ago. And my husband as my taster aka Guinea pig, LOL to bad for him ha ha ha). Baking is one of my hobby lately then turned it into a holiday business. I started out with just 1 order then 3... then 10... then 50 so on and so forth. I think the total Banapple that I've made went up to 500 pcs. for just a month excluding the Brownies and Chewy Morsels.
My mini oven bough a year ago.
Excuse me for the blurry photo as my hand is too shaky at times.

Look how cute my electric oven is. Bought it in SM department store for Php1,600++ at a discount. Regular price, I think was Php1,800++ can't remember since it's been 2 years ago already.

Anyway, let's get back to the real topic. Oh yes the Banapple.

Tada! Banapple Loaf from heaven. LOL!

2nd week came got lots of orders already. Got some from my cousin's office and my aunt's office too. Here are snapshot of the orders.

Chewy Morsels Php60 each

Red box (right) Banapple loaf Php80; Pink box is Box of 6pcs Banapple slices Php50

Box of gold and blue both Brownies and Banapple box of 12pcs Php100





Small orders of my homemade Banapple and Brownies
3rd week, days before Christmas, more orders came. Oh My Goodies! I was like zombie because of sleep deprivation LOL! And guess what, I did this all by myself without any help. Yey! Darna lang ang peg. Yes, it was so tiring month for me. I  never knew that I can do all of that! (clapping). But as others said, I need to rest also. So on the forth week I did get some day off (just a day okay, because New Year came fast too and some celebrations like reunions that I also have to cook and bake for our food). 

That was the best and the worst month for me. Best because I got the chance to have a small business and to get to know different kinds of customers but worst because I did not have a good rest. I slept late, earliest was 3am and 6am the latest. Sometimes I skip lunch just to finish baking Banapple for delivery on that day. Oh, how I wish I did not take all their orders ha ha. It gave me head aches because of not enough sleep.

Now for the Lessons:
  1. You cannot please everybody - There are those people who did not even appreciate what I did for them. The effort of baking those pan in a small oven one by one, rushing  to deliver in their desired time. And the other negative critics but never did order. Phew! those people ha ha ha...
  2. Learn to say "NO" sometimes - a connection to no. 1. I tend to be forgetfull of my sked sometimes so I just accept orders then realize later that I could not do it. Those where the "VERY Dark Under eye Circle" nights just to finish all up. LOL!  (Thank you for Concealers, helps freshen my look).
  3. Rest and Relax so you could think well. - because sometimes when we get so so tired we could not function well. Rest, get some good sleep to recharge.
  4. Skipping a meal is very bad - Indeed, I gain so much weight because of munching at midnight til dawn. Oh yes! I love midnight snack. But it was not just a snack it was like a bunch of chips, sweets and whatever I see in the fridge. And that, my friend, is the reason why my body is swelling. ha ha ha. You know what I mean. (laughing and rolling like the emoticons in Facebook.) 

I hope you will also learn from my lesson. 
Got some comments and lesson learn also from the previous month/holiday? Post them down and I would love to hear from you guys and gals.

No comments:

Post a Comment