Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Snack time: Homemade Mango Ice cream

Summer has started and weather is getting warm now. Mmmm.... Swimming, Sipping some Icy drinks and ICE CREAM! Yes! Time to eat Ice cream again. But what flavor will I have to get in the supermarket? Cookies and cream? Chocolate? Double Dutch? Strawberry Ice cream? Queso Real? Ube Macapuno? Vanilla? Caramel and Cashew?



Well, I wanna get them all but it will be too expensive and my freezer cannot accommodate all I wanted. Sigh... So I just opened up our fridge, there sits a Mango. What am I gonna do with this Mango? Another Sigh.... Supper came and I saw the Mango puree my husband was using for his Mango Juice. Then suddenly, Yes! I thought of making my homemade MANGO ICE CREAM. The next day I went to supermarket, bought all ingredients I needed and then started making it as soon as I arrived home.

First I gathered all the ingredients.




And Got an empty Ice cream tub siting in my counter. Prepared the hand mixer and the hand blender. Then, Here goes the recipe.
My hand blender

And my mixer

HOMEMADE MANGO ICE CREAM

Ingredients:
2 packs of 250grams All purpose cream
1/3 cup of condensed milk
1/4 cup of  evap milk or full cream milk
1/8 cup or 3 Tbsp of water
1/3 cup of Mango Puree
2 ripe mangoes cut into cubes

Procedure:
1. In a large bowl, combine All purpose cream, condensed milk, evap milk, water and  Mango Puree. Mix using blender or mixer. Or if you do not have electric mixer you can use a Whisk.

2. Transfer in a container and let it freeze for 1-2 hours or until it hardens a bit.

3. Remove from freezer and mix using hand blender to smoothen the ice crystal. Or if you do not have a hand blender you can use a fork. Bring it back to the freezer and Freeze for 6-8 hours or over night. Serve and Enjoy!

You can also top it with more mangoes if you want.
Easy isn't it? You can even make different flavor of your choice. Just replace the mango and mango puree with your desired flavor like vanilla or even cookies.

My husband loved it. He topped it with Sweetened Macapuno Strips. It may not be as smooth as the original Ice cream but it taste just the same.

Some flavors that I have already made were:
     Vanilla
     Strawberry
     Cookies and Cream
     Nestle Crunch and Cadbury Milk Chocolate

I'm planning to make another this summer. Can you give me more suggestions for this? I might be featuring some of it on my future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment