Pages

Saturday, July 8, 2017

Dulong patties aka Tortang dulong

Very tiny fishes called Dulong ( Silver fish)

Have you ever seen and tasted this thing already? All you see are those black dots. It looks like a shrimp but it's not a shrimp.




No, it's not alamang (tiny shrimps). It's what we call Dulong. I guess it's also called sinarapan fish. Dulong is called Silver fish in English because of its color. It is a very very tiny fish and transparent in appearance. When I was young, my mommy and my lola (grandma) use to make this for us. I wasn't fond of this when I was young because it taste bitter for me. But when I grew up I started liking it and it's tastier when paired with "sawsawan" or dipping sauce.

There are many recipes using this fish. I make bagoong with this, just add a squeeze of kalamansi and you now have an instant dish to pair with your steaming rice. Sometimes I cook it with kangkong and make Sinigang na dulong. But today I will be showing you how I make my Dulong patties (also known as Tortang dulong).


Here are the ingredients we need:


3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 medium onion, minced
1 egg, whisked
1/2 cup of flour
1/4 k of dulong (silver fish)
salt
ground black pepper


Next thing to do is make it into a batter. In a bowl combine all of the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Prepare your frying pan. Scoop a spoonful of the batter. Fry it until it turns golden brown. Remove from pan and transfer into a plate with paper towel to remove excess oil. Repeat until you finish all of the batter.

Dulong patties
I like this served with sawsawan which is the spiced suka. How to make this sawsawan?

 
Well, just slice a clove of garlic and onion. Add vinegar, salt and a pinch of ground black pepper and it's done.

Hungry now?

No comments:

Post a Comment